Sunday, August 10, 2008

Working for the City of Idaho Falls


Thursday was Ben's last day working for the city. He was in the weed control department. His main job was spraying round-up or some other chemical on weeds. Now this can be a trick in Idaho Falls as spraying cannot be done if there is more than 7 mph winds. Ben started work at 6 AM and was done by 2:30 PM. Usually the wind kicks up late morning and he is reciprocating in the afternoon. A reciprocator is a weed-wacker like machine, but the head has two frisbee-size discs with teeth that rotate is opposite directions, making a scissor effect when cutting down weeds.



Jenn, Richard, and I rode bikes down to the river by the Idaho Falls to sneak pictures of him working on his last day. The weed crew was cleaning up for some town jamboree at the river. The first time I road right past Ben thinking that could not be him because the boy I saw was too muscular, but lo and behold, it WAS him. By the way Ben weighed in at 173 lbs today. I'm not sure if he has cracked 6 foot yet, that is 35 lbs more than a year ago. Kill me if I do that.

No comments: