Sunday, August 17, 2008

Katie's FINALLY in Armenia


We received this photo from the Armenia Yerevan mission on Saturday. Katie is picture with President and Sister Dunn. She left Thursday, August 14 at 2:30 from Salt Lake and arrived at 11:30 pm Armenian time Friday, August 15. Armenia is 11 hours ahead of Idaho Falls time. She is so ready for this next step. She is stepping into a whole new culture and life style. She said she had to say lots of good byes to quote Katie:
"Having the last everything is so weird...my last wrap, last real shower, last night on a mattress, last time seeing my teachers, etc. It is neat though because I have loved my time at the MTC but I don't feel sad leaving it. Many people don't enjoy the MTC, but I think it is a matter of just living in the moment and getting as much as you can out of it. I can't really pick out any favorite moments and I can't say there is anything I really hated. It has all been just pleasent. They do a really good job of managing and taking care of 2500+ missionaries...
"It will be fun to get in Armenia and experience all these things I have heard about for the last three months. It will be cool to try the nasty salty cheese, the nice warm bread, have my shower break on me, speak with someone in this strange language I have learned, and so much more. I really just pray that I can have a love for these people so that when I serve them they will feel Heavenly Father's love through me.

No comments: