Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Love the Summer in Idaho Falls

I know I complained bitterly about the long, hard winter in Idaho Falls - it has been a trial of my faith after the Boise mild winters. However, the summers here are absolutely glorious. My kids always tease me about my garden and flowers as I am learning to love gardening with all it's symbolism and beauty. The perennial and annual flowers flourish in the temperate weather. While Salt Lake and Boise are sweltering in the 90's, Idaho Falls stays in the lower to mid 80's. PERFECT! I want to enjoy every minute of the summer, because winter will come again and I will remember these pictures.
A Begonia in front of Hostas. The Hostas this year are as big and green as ever.
This Dianthus plant is in the front and can be seen all the way down the street with its brilliant neon pink color. I don't think a blossom failed to bloom on this plant.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

your flowers are beautiful mom!